High Adventure 2005
Northern Tier Canoe Base
The Northern Tier offers you adventures in some of the worldžs best wilderness canoeing, a place explored by very few people. Atikokan is a challenging land of lakes and rivers with a name that in the Cree language means woodland caribou crossing. Fish for the elusive Northern Pike, paddle out to a beaver dam or explore the woodland areas that surround each of your camps. Trip dates are June to July. Visit their web site at http://www.ntier.org/ and also check out Troop 101žs trip photographs at http://www.t101.org/photos_page.htm. Adventure awaits!
1. Be 13 years of age by 1/1/05.
2. Earn First Class Rank. If already First Class then advance a rank between 11/1/04 and 5/23/05.
3. Turn in a class A medical form signed by a doctor by 5/23/05.
4. Turn in a permission slip signed by a parent/guardian by 5/23/05.
5. Have parents attend an informational meeting on 1/10/05.
6. Participate in two preparation canoe outings by 5/23/05 (additional fees required).
7. Take part in a six-month aerobic exercise program (30 to 60 minutes 3 to 5 times per week).
8. Complete the BSA swim test by 3/7/05
9. Pay trip fee of $425.00:
a. $75.00 refundable deposit by 11/8/05 (first come, first served basis)
b. $100.00 nonrefundable payment by 1/10/05.
c. $100.00 nonrefundable payment by 3/7/05.
d. $150.00 due by 5/23/05. This must be earned through troop fund raisers.
Note: The above information is tentative and may change as more Northern Tier information is received.